Every dog owner knows the signs: the dog is weak, listless and needs to go outside every 30 minutes. Every dog, no matter how healthy it is, gets gastrointestinal problems at least 2-3 times a year. The causes can be varied. Previously, this meant that a light diet had to be cooked for the dog. Low-fat meat with carrot and cottage cheese. But now there's no longer a need for this. Terra Canis has put the practical light diet on the market: Terra Canis FIRST AID – lean chicken meat with carrot, fennel and camomile. These are supplemented by calming natural additives such as lemon balm, calendula, medicinal clay and black cumin oil. The light, grain-free light diet based on easy-to-digest ingredients helps to regenerate the intestine.
- 100% human-grade quality of all raw materials
- Low-irritant and low-fat light diet for gastrointestinal health
- With easy-to-digest vegetables and gluten-free coconut flour that supports the intestine
- Medicinal clay and potato supplements as basic ingredients for countering excess gastric acid
- Cottage cheese to support intact gastrointestinal flora
- Increased nutrient additives to balance electrolyte and nutrient losses
FIRST AID has been developed by Terra Canis for consumption in the event of acute digestive problems and should not be fed for longer than 2 to 4 weeks.
Our raw materials:
- Lean chicken meat is low-fat, easily digestible and therefore the ideal way to supply animal protein in the case of gastrointestinal problems
- Cooked carrots contain oligosaccharides. These are similar in structure to the receptors on the intestinal wall, meaning the pathogens can dock to them and easily be excreted from the body.
- Boiled potatoes, as a basic foodstuff, help to balance the increased acid formation as a result of diarrhoea. They are also easy to digest and provide the weakened dog with energy.
- Fennel has an antispasmodic effect, calms the gastrointestinal tract and helps against flatulence.
- Celery protects the digestive tract thanks to its high content of antioxidants and polysaccharides. In addition, celery has an enormously high base potential, which helps to neutralise the excess acid in the intestine.
- Cottage cheese is low-fat, rich in protein and easily digestible, making it the ideal ingredient. It helps to rebalance the gastrointestinal flora.
- Camomile, lemon balm and calendula are known for their soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties. Black cumin oil is also traditionally used for digestive problems.
- The superfood coconut flour is easy to digest, low-fat, gluten-free and rich in fibre. This enables it to supply energy without putting a strain on the dog.
- Medicinal clay contains lots of minerals and trace elements, effectively binds excess acids and absorbs harmful substances in the intestine like a sponge.
As is always the case with Terra Canis, all raw materials are of human-grade quality. Fresh and high-quality ingredients are the main priority for a poorly stomach and intestine. The body should under no circumstances be burdened with grains that are difficult to digest, inferior meat or animal meal. All ingredients are tailored to the needs of the affected gastrointestinal tract and have been deliberately chosen by Terra Canis veterinarian Hanna Stephan.
With the concept ‘Dog nutrition in 100% human-grade quality of all raw materials’, Terra Canis set completely new quality standards in the pet food industry 15 years ago. Thanks to a special permit from the Bavarian Feedstuffs Authority, pet food was able to be produced for the first time in a genuine human-grade quality company, the traditional Munich butcher’s shop Schäbitz. This was made possible by the fact that, right from the very start, only raw materials were used which, thanks to their freshness and quality, were officially approved for human food products at the time of processing. This uncompromising quality and the associated delicious, appetising smell of the menus have set Terra Canis menus apart from all other products on the market from the very beginning.
Due to the constantly increasing demand, the butcher's shop in the heart of Munich has reached its capacity limits.
As quality is of the highest priority for Terra Canis, the menus will now be produced in our new factory just outside Munich.
Manufacturing the products within “our own four walls” enables maximum control over the quality of raw materials. In addition, the three master butchers from Schäbitz butcher’s in Munich and their entire team have been brought over, bringing with them decades of experience and expertise in the butcher's trade.
All the raw materials used, the production site and the hygiene concept are still subject to 100% human-grade standards.